Sunday, February 12, 2023

Character Designs

Hello, Kindreds! I had an interesting week. Got a new job, twice the annual salary I had before and got a little more extravagant with my book budget. I found a very interesting website called Fivver which has all kinds of artists on it available for commissions. I originally started out to find a cover designer for the book, but then I got sidetracked and found a character concept designer. 

Sorry, that was a boring paragraph ๐Ÿ˜† Suffice it to say that I decided to try out the character design and see what I got out of it. So I gave the designer the ultimate test... a description for Ronnie. I only ordered the five picture package but he apparently had so much fun with it that I got back a whopping 37. And it's the most amazing thing ever ๐Ÿ˜ I feel like I hit the jackpot!! I must say that I can hardly believe that 37 different faces could come out of one description though. I mean... I've like got all my characters covered here. But... one out of those 37 was really, truly Ronnie.

I can't help adding this... somehow listening to this music and seeing these pictures... well... it's epic. It's a putting-me-in-the-writing-mood kind of a thing...





This one looks like Ken.





I did specify that the character was early twenties and this guy looks late thirties, early forties. But he'd make a good officer!!



Would make a good Josh...

Would also make a good Josh.

Extremely vibrant eyes ๐Ÿ˜ณ








This is also Josh ๐Ÿ˜†







This one is... almost Ronnie











And this is the winner. This is actually exactly as I pictured Ronnie. ๐Ÿฅฐ


 

Till Next Time!!

Constantly-Scribbling-Juliette

7 comments:

  1. Your final product looks like Milo Thatch's better looking twin brother : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yep! I posted the picture on a writing group in facebook and someone commented with a gif of Milo Thatch looking shocked and confused ๐Ÿ˜†

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on the new job!! That’s wonderful ๐Ÿ‘
    And WOAH. I found myself captivated and blown entirely away by these pictures…. I feel like there are a few guys in there I should totally know from somewhere๐Ÿ˜‚ They’re SO real!! And a handsome fellow this really-truly Ronnie is indeed, I must say! Just call me Marci-the-2nd๐Ÿ˜œ

    The music…. (Kindly read this next bit in Bert’s accent, if you would)
    Combined with these pictures, it gives me the thrilling sense that
    “Something is brewing, about to begin…” The wind’s in the east, wouldn’t you say? Slight bit of a mist rolling in? Okay, maybe that only makes sense to me๐Ÿ˜†(In explanation, Bert from Mary Poppins)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they all amazing?? I'm going to do an entire post on the rifle squad, when I get them all figured out, from these pictures. I know... he's sooo handsome ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿฅฐ You should've seen me when I got the pictures, on the floor, squealing like a two-year old on Christmas morning... reminiscent of ten-year old me in love with Fritz from Swiss Family Robinson all over again ๐Ÿคฃ

      Aha!! Of course I know that quote!! I knew it before you explained it ๐Ÿ˜„ Wow, isn't that music... indescribable?? It so much gets me in the mood to write. In fact, it got me to write up an entirely new prologue to the book ๐Ÿ˜„

      Okay, I have to confess now. After paying someone to do these pics for me (don't worry, it wasn't that expensive) I found out that I can make them myself. Not quite as good, but pretty good!! It's an ai website called Midjourney and believe me, all day long, I've been messing with that website in every spare moment I have. I'm putting a link to a page with some of the random stuff I got on our discussion page if you want to check it out. Especially the flops ๐Ÿ˜† In the meantime, you ought to give me the absolutely most detailed description of Mac you possibly can give me and see what we can come up with!!

      Delete
    2. Ohh splendid!! I can’t wait to find out who belongs to which name๐Ÿ˜„ (besides Ken) Feels like they’re coming to life before my very eyes….

      ๐Ÿ˜ฎGoodness me, the possibilities here!!!
      Believe me, I want๐Ÿ˜„ Annnd I feel a scribble coming on๐Ÿ˜œ Let me see just how much of him I can get down, and I shall get him over to you ASAP!

      Delete
  3. Me again (: Because….๐Ÿ˜ฒ I do believe I just spied a Ronnie quote!!! Which is SO awesome that I just had to say something๐Ÿ˜
    And now that I’ve said my “something”, I shall set off for other parts of the realm and leave this page in peace๐Ÿ˜œ One must be on ones best behaviour with 37 soldiers around!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, that's a Ronnie quote alright. ๐Ÿ˜

      Delete

It is a truth universally acknowledged that any writer, in possession of a blog, must be in want of comments!