Saturday, December 16, 2023

Grey Days


 









Kindreds….


I don’t know how to say this. So…. the only thing to do is put it out there point blank. I…. I guess it’s just me now. Emily. The now-sole author of this blog. See the girl in black in the picture just above?? You could not ask for a better portrait of Yours Truly at this very moment. 


Due to big things going on in her life right now, Julie won’t be able to continue writing here anymore…. And while I do understand why this has to be, (and I sincerely hope you all will too, the best you can. The reasons behind this are personal, and all I can say is that it was unavoidable) she will be terribly and dreadfully missed. There are holes and shoes that just can’t be filled by anyone but THE one…. And this is one of those places. But life doesn’t ask whether you want it to happen before it does, and you just have to roll with the waves😬  


And speaking of waves….. 


You guys…. I don’t know how to run a blog, I’ve amply proven that. I haven’t even put my own part of the page up yet, despite having written it months ago, and now I wish had. 


Stuff is no fun by yourself, y’know? Even writing. Make that Especially writing. And writing is one of the most excessively diverting pastimes known to the entirety of The Race That Knows Joseph, not to mention the slightly more exclusive Band Of Kindred Spirits. I honestly haven’t written all by myself for ages…. Now I suppose we shall find out whether or not I still know how!


And so it is that I try my hand at blogging. Completely lacking experience and armed only with the fact that she entrusted me with blog-authorhood. I write comments, people, that’s what I do. That’s as far as my expertise goes! So please…. Bear with me while I find my land legs? 

I won’t be Julie, obviously. Nobody can do that but her, and I wouldn’t have it any other way…. She wouldn’t be One In A Million if just anyone could fill her shoes! But I will do my very best to carry on and do her proud, Scribblers Honour. 

Whether or not the stiff upper lip may tremble, and the knees under it do likewise…. 


Although I may take some getting used to. I’m warning you right now, I take to wild flights of fancy, and it takes many anchors to brings me back down out of the clouds! Also I need Philippa Gordon and her trusty hatpin very badly here, because I am of two minds…. About more than hats.

Because no delicate azure blue am I, more like a proper solid indigo. Which makes absolutely no sense in any way, unless of course it does…. 


Yours, mixed up and waiting for the sun to come back out….


~Emily


7 comments:

  1. More hugs?

    Let us take a brace, as Susan Baker would say. Gray days shall not last forever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhhh and that just makes me want to read Rilla Of Ingleside
      all over again! Because Susan has it exactly right…. And so do you🤗 Thankyou for reminding me😜

      Delete
  2. Of course Julie will be missed, but I'm sure you will do a great job of taking up the baton, Emily! Figuring things out as we go along and not knowing what we're doing is just Life in a nutshell, so I wouldn't worry about it...we're all in the same boat :)

    ~ Lizzie Hexam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thanks ever so much for the vote of confidence…. That means worlds to me🤗 And you’re exactly right, of course, it just feels slightly daunting being on this side of everything😂 Promise to splash me with one of the oars if I row off in the wrong direction??? (Okay, just kidding. Mostly ;)

      Delete
    2. Of course! <3 Hehe, I doubt that will be necessary, but perhaps I could fill the role of oar-splasher in a pinch ;)

      Delete
    3. Well, I do hope you’re right, but it’s lovely to have a “splasher” on standby just in case😉😂

      Delete

It is a truth universally acknowledged that any writer, in possession of a blog, must be in want of comments!