Monday, September 26, 2022

Fall Fashion

I do not profess to be an authority on fashion, so I'm not particularly sure why I'm doing this post... I don't know. It sounded fun. So, basically, here are my favorite things to wear in my favorite season...

Flannel

My go-to fall fashion on the days when I'm not feeling particularly stylish (which is most days, LOL) is basically a flannel shirt. I absolutely ADORE flannel. And I got spoiled. Because the best thing that ever happened to me (slight overstatement here) was discovering L. L. Bean's Scotch Flannel shirts and jackets. I kid you not, people, this is the best, the softest, the most luxurious flannel on the face of the earth. Also the most expensive. But it is worth it!! I've heard these shirts can last for years!! Flannel jackets and shirts too I like wearing open over top of a t-shirt. It's especially fun if you wear it over a long-sleeved shirt with the cuffs of the jacket rolled up slightly. I have only two of the shirts but here's hoping my family takes mercy on me and gets me one (or two... or three...) for my birthday.

                                     


Honestly, you haven't lived until you own at least one L. L. Bean flannel shirt!! Psst, they even have sherpa-lined flannel!! I soooo want one of those!!

Cargo/Utility Jackets

My other main thing (when I'm feeling slightly more stylish) is cargo (utility) jackets. Seriously, I loooove cargo jackets!! 


And Kohl's has the best. I totally lost my heart to this one...

Nine West Belted Utility Jacket

Honestly, what's not to love?? This style is incredibly reminiscent of 20th century vintage, which is fabulous. It has THE SLEEVES, which I'm totally obsessed with. I couldn't believe it when bishop sleeves started coming back in style. I mean, these are historical!! (They're called balloon sleeves now...) Every bit of spare savings I have goes to clothes with bishop sleeves. Or L. L. Bean flannel... This jacket also has a belt, which is awesome for someone like me who can use a bit of cinching around the middle... 😏

Sweaters

So these might not exactly be the most flattering things in the world, but I've always loved the sweaters in the Anne of Green Gables movies...


Comfortable, cozy, and warm... there's nothing more perfect for curling up in the corner by the fire to read a book. Or pick apples, or make plum puffs, or take a walk with your kindred spirit...



Shawls

Ah yes, the timeless shawl. Beautiful, graceful, old-fashioned, and... literally as cozy as wearing a blanket. Because, it technically is wearing a blanket. Honestly, these are so easy to make... I just find flannel fabric at Hobby Lobby or Jo-Ann's or something and get about 2 1/2 yards, hem or serge it... and that's literally all you need to do! I much prefer rectangular shawls to square (triangle when you fold them) shawls. They drape better and are easier to wear. And, if you don't want to worry about hemming you can just get a blanket scarf. Because blanket scarfs are literally just shawls in disguise. But don't tell them that I said that... they're trying to sound hip and modern. Shhh...



Boots

I'm not one for boots with fur and all that... they must look old-fashioned... and need I say more? 



And there are always twirly skirts but, of course, those work in any season, right? 



'Til Next Time,

Juliette























































































































3 comments:

  1. Loved this.... You have great taste, I’d be over the moon to dress like this every day of my lifeπŸ˜ƒ note that I’m taking a few recommendations from here! Out of curiosity, those shoes.... do you happen to know what brand they are? They’re going on my wish list right now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Man, I wish I could dress like this every day too! I don't... I'd ruin it all... I mostly wear just worn-out baggy t-shirts and the like... The nice stuff I save for weekends and going out.

      Ah, the boots. Got them for five bucks at a Goodwill!! But I found the exact same ones online... (That's where I got the picture from actually... I was too lazy to take a pic of the real ones... 😜)

      https://fashionshoeshouse.com/products/vintage-lace-up-fashion-martin-boots

      Delete
  2. Ooh, lucky.... I love it when that happens!
    I shall check it out posthaste, thanks so much for the link!

    ReplyDelete

It is a truth universally acknowledged that any writer, in possession of a blog, must be in want of comments!