Saturday, January 27, 2024

In Times Of Darkness


                             Psalm 34:18

The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.



Kindreds… I have something different for you today. I don’t know what to call it, so I’ll just say it was…. Heart-written.   One of those times when you’re just the pen…. Neither the ink nor the author. And I felt as if I needed to share it, so…. 

If any one of you out there is in the middle of the same kind of dark valley…. Hold on. There is hope. You may not see it, but it has not given up on you. The Light is still there…. The Light is ALWAYS there, and He cares. He’s not letting go…. Hold fast. Even when it looks hopeless. He will be your hope, and the rock on which you may stand.

      

In Times Of Darkness, 

                                  Revive Us Again


Psalm 56:8

Thou tellest my wanderings: put thou my tears into thy bottle: are they not in thy book?


Have you ever felt like you were drowning, and you couldn’t swim? Like all the world was dark around you, and not a peep of light shone in? How like a seed, I wonder, would this situation be?

The rain rolls down around it, deep in the earth it cannot see…. When all is dark and muddy, what earthly good can in this be?

The rain, it keeps on coming, in torrents, that, swift and unceasing, soften your shell…. Yet the hopeless becomes the cause of hope, God doeth all things well. 

In drowning, it may sprout forth, the raindrops sweetly sink to help…. What feels a death sentence becomes a life source, a gift the seed could not give itself. 

He knows, He knows that you’re hurting…. But He knows that you need this to grow. So wisely He permits that which breaks you, so that in time, His abundance you’ll know.

Loving you too much to leave you, that small seed encased in the ground…. Knowing that in you, there be blossoms…. After in His love, you shall abound. 

Hold fast, when you’re drowning and can’t swim, when the world around you goes dark…. When it’s cold and it’s wet, and you’re hedged in….

Just hold fast the hope He provides. For He always sends hope when you need it, light for the heart, if not eyes…. Knowing this, hold fast to the light now, all the more when the fear groweth stark.

He goes with you, He promises warmly. And every promise He makes, He does keep. Just keep watch, ye wee seeds in the dark ground…. When the night is o’er, His faithfulness you plainly too shall see.

So rejoice in the grace of our Gardener…. Who protects us in the midst of each storm, nurturing in the midst of great pain…. I’ve found, and I know you will find, too, that He is faithful, and He always shall be.


Rejoice with me in His grace, my friends… Because this is half journal entry. 

The darkness has no power over Him in whom we trust.

Yours overflowingly, having come through the valley, and been brought into a joyful place…. 

Emi


Luke 8:24~25 


And they came to Him, and awoke him, saying, Master, Master, we perish. Then He arose, and rebuked the wind and the raging of the water: and they ceased, and there was a calm.


And He said unto them, where is your faith? And they being afraid wondered, saying to one another, what manner of man is this! For He commandeth even the winds and water, and they obey Him.



Ps. I know I’ve mentioned Celtic Woman before, but this song in particular…. Rang true for me after every valley. If you need just a twinkling of encouragement wherever you are in your own path at this moment…. This song may provide you with more than that. To me, it has been a lantern of His faithfulness. You Raise Me Up



5 comments:

  1. Where is our faith, indeed... Our vision is so narrow and we are so small in the grand scope of His plan. And all He asks of us is faith the size of a mustard seed! ❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You may not know it, but you just said the very words I needed to hear…. I love it when He speaks to us through others and shows He knows our thoughts☺️ Thankyou so much🫂

      Delete
  2. This was actually perfect timing for me...thanks so much for this, Emily <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then I am so glad it came when it did🫂🫂🫂
      I can’t take the credit here😜 I really was neither ink nor author, only the pen…. Praise Him who knows our every need, and provides… for both of us, because I needed to know there was a purpose in writing it even when I didn’t know where it was going….

      Delete
    2. So true. We're all of us just instruments in His Hands...which can be a very comforting thought at times!

      Delete

It is a truth universally acknowledged that any writer, in possession of a blog, must be in want of comments!